Don’s father George was the sole worker on the farm and ran sheep and grew crops. He also became a very capable mechanic and carpenter and his skills were widely sought after throughout the district. Despite the rigors of farm life and his demanding young family, George managed to find time to play district cricket each Saturday. Farming life proved challenging for the couple and Emily in particular suffered in the heat and dust. In 1911 they decided to pack the family up and relocated them to Bowral near Emily’s family and friends. The timber house remained at Yeo Yeo for many years and in the 1970’s, in declining condition, was relocated to the Museum in Temora.
Today all that remains of the house on-site is a single brick chimney (right).
This site is NOT publicly accessible being incorporated into a larger property.